Thursday, December 27, 2007

Monotony has begun

Unfortunately, the desirability in my menu has declined today. Breakfast and morning nacks were fine. Fine is a step down from the decadance of the last few days. We've had stone fruit salad, homemade pasta with home made tomato sauce, nutroast with sweet mushroom and onion sauce, honey sweetened homemade bread with home made mayo, pesto, Ediths goat cheese and local Haloumi to name a few.

Today is my first day at work since the 21st. There's no local fast food outlet within hours of hear. I had to take food from home to eat. For morning tea (1430hrs), I had coleslaw and potatoes with mushroom sauce leftovers from the nut roast. For lunch (1630hrs), I had potatoes and coleslaw with a side of mushroom sauce, followed by a couple of stone fruits. For afternoon tea (1830hrs), I had basically the same as I did for lunch. I have 2.5hrs to digest before I ride my bike home and hopefully there will be some lovely homemade locally grown and cooked wood oven pizza for me.

Our regional manager offered me some mixed nuts and plastic wrapped chocolate bits. I had to decline again. It wasn't as hard declining the food as it was saying no to your boss's boss's boss. Mick's a good bloke and we had a little chat about it.

I hate declining my vices. I'm sure it's good for me. I will admit I did succumb to 2 dark chocolate buds yesterday just to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything. They didn't do much for me; chocolate is better melted, but I have 123.5 hours before I can indulge in that again.

No I'm not counting down, I have a calculator.

No comments: